Our value promise
Pioneering use of lignin for care products, food ingredients, and biobased fabrics.
Functional lignin-based material alternatives.
How we do it
We transform raw lignin into valuable materials and intermediary products.
With our proprietary technology to tailor lignin particles and know-how we create formulations of
novel lignin based-products.
Our contribution to sustainability
Who we are
LignoPure is a spin-off of the Hamburg University of Technology founded and led by an international team based in Germany.
Inspired by biobased products to create a sustainable future where renewables have a global impact.
Dr. Wienke Reynolds
Driven by innovative lignin processing and “outside of the box" applications.
Determined to create value out of sustainability, paving lignin’s path into innovative applications.
Passionate for biomaterials and the development of their novel applications.
Awards and competitions
Prof. I. Smirnova
- Head of TVT-institute ,TUHH
- Our greatest supporter
Dr. Carsten Zetzl
- Researcher at TVT-institute, TUHH
- Expertise in biomass treatment (25+ years)
- Public-private projects
- CEO of BioMP
Dr. Robert Meyer
- Material science expert
- Leader of material production and quality testing at ITMC, UHH
- Pioneer in lignin for porous materials
- Head of startup unit HIW Hamburg Invest
- Future Hamburg Award
- Experienced leader of international projects (McKinsey)
- Head of industrial operations at Siemens Gamesa
- Venture Developer Manager at DSM
- Licensing and intellectual property